Here is a fun article from live science on the iportance of friendships.
To long to read? Here is the To Long; Didn't Read? Read below.
1. Friends may extend your life - People who have strong social relationships are less likely to die prematurely than people who are isolated.
2. Your pals make you generally healthier - We were able to see the change in biomarkers over time as a result of their earlier exposure to social connections, how many friends they have.
3. Friendships might help keep your mind sharp - Having friends who make you feel like you belong may be a key for better physical health.
4. Friends influence us (for better or worse) - If one person became obese over the course of the study, they found that friends of that person were 57 percent more likely to become obese, too.
5. Your BFFs can help you through tough stuff - We all need somebody to lean on, as the song goes. And research on cancer patients finds that when the going gets tough, friends can help.
6. Friends can help you cope with rejection - Not all social relationships can go smoothly, unfortunately. But when they don't, friends can help you pick up the pieces.
7. Friendships can last a lifetime - Physical distance didn't necessarily track with the emotional closeness of a friendship over decades.